Australasian Oaks tips and betting strategy are online now. Preview, speed map, race analysis, racing tips & betting strategy for the Australasian Oaks at Morphettville with Dean Evans of Winning Edge Investments. Tips and full in-depth preview and analysis of each race and betting strategy are online now! Only on the Betfair Hub.
Click here to head to the Australasian Oaks market on the Betfair Exchange.
Track: Morphettville | Distance: 2000m | Type: G1 SW 3YOF | Rail Position: True | Condition: Good4 | Prizemoney: $500,000
Minimal rain forecast for the rest of the week, so the track should play well and give every runner their chance.
Recent winners include Delicacy, Sopressa, Princess Jenni, Toffee Tongue and Media Award last year at 100/1.
Historical Profiling: Trends from Last 10 Years
- 3rd-up (2 winners), 4th-up (3 winners), 6th-up (2 winners), 7th-up (2 winners)
- 11-day break (1 winner), 14-day break (6 winners), 21-day break (2 winners)
- In-running – settled 3rd-4th (2 winners), settled 6th-8th (3 winners), settled 10th-13th (3 winners)
- Barriers 1-3 (5 winners), barriers 10-14 (4 winners)
- Career starts: 2 starts (1 winner), 5-12 starts (8 winners)
SPEED MAP RACING TIPS
Decent speed expected here. Ancient Girl and Barb Raider should set the tempo up front.
Fortunate Kiss, Stray, Daisies & Mamounia all settle forward.
The rest do tend to get back and swoop.
Play Your Way with Betfair. Click the banner above to get started!
AUSTRALASIAN OAKS | KEY RUNNERS + RACING TIPS
2. Barb Raider – G2 & G3 winner this prep with G2 & G3 placings also on her resume. Failed last start on the bog but her form before that was very consistent. Some question mark on the 2000m but only beaten 2.5L in the Wakeful last year, Craig Williams sticks and will be in it for a long way.
3. Daisies – Won the G3 Ethereal and 2nd in the G2 Wakeful last prep. Won G3 two starts back, then a distant 3rd against the boys in the Port Adelaide Guineas last start. Rated her highly throughout her career and trip no issue but thought her run last start was disappointing enough to risk.
4. Bons A Pearla – Talented filly with a G2 win and G1 / G3 placings to her credit. Very consistent and a place chance again.
5. Douceur – G1, G2 and G3 placings in the resume. Close 3rd in the Wakeful and 2nd in the VRC Oaks to the trip won’t be an issue. Finished strongly for 3rd behind Daisies & Bons A Pearla two starts back. Place.
6. My Whisper – Has won 4 in a row including the G3 Auraria Stakes last start beating much of this field despite racing wide no cover for much of the race. Gets a positive rider change here and has run some outstanding sectionals in career to date, running in the top 3 last 200m, 400m, 600m and 800m sectionals of the day in all of her last 4 starts. The clear one to beat.
7. Mac ‘n’ Cheese – Multiple black type winner who charged home for 3rd last start behind My Whisper. Has a very wide gate to contend with so likely to get a fair way back.
8. Mamounia – Good 3rd in the Adrian Knox 2nd up, then won at Listed grade last start at Caulfield. Drawn very wide.
10. Glint Of Hope – Multiple Group placed last prep including 2nd at G3 level behind Daisies. Has hit the line strongly in all 3 runs this prep running strong late sectionals, the fastest last 400m sectional of the day in all of her past 3 starts. Trip no issue.
17. Bundle Of Fun – Won the Tasmanian Oaks by 2.1L beating Honeycreeper who bolted in to win the G3 Adrian Knox at Randwick. Can measure up.
18. Roots – Handy filly who just hasn’t handled the heavy track at her past two runs. Can surprise here.
My Whisper the one to beat.
Glint Of Hope, Roots & Barb Raider offer genuine value to beat her.
DEAN EVANS’ TOP 5 SELECTIONS
6 – My Whisper
10 – Glint Of Hope
18 – Roots
2 – Barb Raider
3 – Daisies
AUSTRALASIAN OAKS | BETTING STRATEGY
BACK (WIN) — My Whisper for 1 unit
BACK (WIN) — Glint Of Hope for 0.5 units
BACK (WIN) — Roots for 0.5 units
BACK (WIN) — Barb Raider for 0.5 units
Units Outlayed: 298.9
Units Returned: 315.9
Profit On Turnover: 5.7%