The Group 2 Arrowfield Sprint tips and betting strategy are online now. Preview, speed map, race analysis, tips& betting strategy for the Arrowfield Sprint at Royal Randwick with Dean Evans of Winning Edge Investments. Tips and full in-depth preview and analysis of each race and betting strategy are online now! Only on the Betfair Hub.
Click here to head to the Arrowfield Sprint market on the Betfair Exchange.
Track: Royal Randwick | Distance: 1200m | Type: G2 SW | Rail Position: +4m Entire | Condition: Heavy 10 | Prizemoney: $1,000,000
60-110mm rain forecast for Thursday. 20mm-30mm for Friday. 8-15mm Saturday. Extremely wet again, although Randwick is playing exceptionally well in these circumstances.
A high-quality sprint for the 3yos won in recent years by Sidestep, Delectations, Japonisme, Derryn, Catchy, Splintex, Wild Ruler and superstar Classique Legend.
HISTORICAL PROFILING (LAST 8 YEARS)
- 1st up (1 winner), 3rd up (2 winners), 4th up (3 winners), 5th up (2 winners)
- 7-day break (2 winners), 16-day break (1 winner), 21-day break (3 winners), 28-day break (1 winner), 49-day break (1 winner)
- Settled 2nd-5th (3 winners), Settled 6th-10th (5 winners)
- Colts (4 winners), Geldings (3 winners), Fillies (1 winner)
SPEED MAP RACING TIPS
Maotai and In The Congo like to go quick and put the pressure on up front.
Marine One, Generation, General Beau, Mazu & Baccanali will be jostling for position forward of midfield.
Shaquero, Paulele, I Am Lethal and Ranch Hand out the back to swoop.
ARROWFIELD SPRINT | KEY RUNNERS + RACING TIPS
1. In The Congo – Golden Rose winner in the Spring who was a good 3rd in The Galaxy.
2. Paulele – Six starts at Randwick for 5 wins and a 3rd in the TJ Smith last week. Rates well again.
6. Mazu – Has been set for this and has won 4 in a row. Handles the wet.
8. Ranch Hand – Sprints well fresh and races best over the sprint distances. Handles the wet and is the knockout chance here.
ARROWFIELD SPRINT | SUMMARY
High quality sprint for the 3yos that has again assembled a strong field. Look 4 legitimate winning chances but hard to devise a betting strategy at this point given In The Congo, Paulele and Mazu are all hard in the market. Will back Ranch Hand each way as can surprise and deliver a knockout blow.
TOP 5 SELECTIONS
6 – Mazu
1 – In The Congo
2 – Paulele
8 – Ranch Hand
3 – Marine One
BACK (EACH-WAY) — Ranch Hand for 0.5 units each-way
Units Outlayed: 282.9
Units Returned: 306.1
Profit On Turnover: 8.2%